· 1 tablespoon butter
· 1 (14.5 ounce) can yellow corn, drained or 1 ½ cups fresh corn kernels
· ½ onion, diced
· 2 medium zucchinis, ends removed and thinly sliced
· 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
· 1 tablespoon dried basil or two tablespoons fresh, chopped basil
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
· 4 eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add corn, onion, zucchini, and mushrooms. Sauté until vegetables are tender, approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While vegetables are cooking, line an 11×7 baking dish with nonstick spray. Remove vegetables from heat. Drain vegetables.
Transfer vegetables to the baking pan. In a medium bowl, stir together the basil, oregano, salt, cheese, and eggs.
Pour egg mixture over the vegetables.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake an additional 5 minutes to brown. Let cool and then slice.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Analysis: 210 calories; 12g total fat; 6g saturated fat; 0g trans fat;
130mg cholesterol; 570mg sodium; 11g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 6g sugar;
0g added sugar; 14g protein.